I know that I've said it before...
I LOVE SUMMER!!!!!!
I love the long days. I love the sunshine. I love the heat! (I don't love the humidity).
I love the fruit that is in season and I love grilling. Ok, well, that's now quite true. I love the grilling that has been done for me in the past, but NOW I love the grilling that I can do myself.
Brian and I have been going back and forth about purchasing a grill. We received a grill from someone but the burners do not work. Boo.
So, we decided to purchase a small "tabletop" grill that is perfect for tailgating or for two people.
We learned that you should let the coals completely heat up but other than that, we had scrumptious sesame ginger chicken, corn and salad.
I also delighted in WATERMELON and CANTELOUPE. YUM YUM YUM! I grieve the fact that my husband doesn't share the same delight and joy in these delish fruits! Oh well, more for me!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
I know that I've said it before...
With risking sounding like Monica from Friends, I must say...I LOVE OUR NEW VACUUM!!!!
We had a nice little vacuum that was about 6 years old. It still was in good condition but the suction wasn't working as well. Or as Brian says, "you can't even tell that I vacuumed."
Plus, this past week, Brian was tested for different allergies and discovered he is allergic to pet dander, several types of trees, dust mites and ragweed.
So we embarked on a cleaning adventure which ensued in purchasing a new vacuum. We love the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser. After we assembled it easily, we broke in the new cleaner and proceeded to eliminate the dust mites and pet hair that have been invading our life. We had to empty the dirt container SIX times! SIX!
The carpet feels like its brand new, all soft and dirt free (or at least significantly reduced).
We are happy. Allergies at bay. Yay!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Sadly, I've seen some of these on plates near mine!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Do we need one? Rep. Broun (R-GA) thinks we do. Read this!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Here's a great post from my friend Adam about how complacent and apathetic many, many of our churches can be. And I mean the church universal, not one specific denomination.
It also reminded me of a Nooma video Brian and I watched on Sunday. Rob Bell's famous video series highlighted the roots of why people do and why they should go to church. This particular episode is called Sunday.
BTW, I also liked the video titled Bullhorn as well.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Last night President Obama spoke at my alma mater's 2009 graduation ceremony. What an incredible day! I wish I could have attended. My parents and sister and many friends had the opportunity to hear him speak.
Obama + ASU = Awesomeness
If you missed it, here's his speech.
And kudos to him recognizing the ASU men's basketball team and Kurt Warner!
And kudos to Obama for not caring about the honorary degree.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Similar to my post on Swine Flu and how racism toward hispanic/Latino/as has increased, I'm also saddened by the racism that has come out behind the story on Jon and Kate and Jon's potential cheating. I'm not advocating infidelity in any relationship and I don't need to know about what really happened. However, I do find it very telling about the society we live in when I read over the very racist and ignorant comments from the readers about Jon's heritage at the bottom of the article.
Racism is alive and well in 2009.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
A mindless task for a Tuesday...
1. I’ve come to realize that my last kiss… was a nice way to wake up.
2. I am listening to… Stax 50th Anniversary Album.
3. I talk… some but I'd rather listen to the things that are NOT being said. Watch the room.
4. I love… a lot of things and a lot of people.
5. My best friend/s… let me be myself.
6. My first real kiss… was a long time ago!
7. Love is… a wonderful thing.
8. Marriage is… an excellent option.
9. Somewhere, someone is thinking… that they have no options left.
10. I’ll always… prefer to not speak until I have a fully formed thought. Won’t ever work that way, but I will still prefer it.
11. The last time I really cried was because… things are difficult.
12. My cell phone… is a nice luxury.
13. When I wake up in the morning… I always wish it's Saturday.
14. Before I go to bed… I kiss my husband and try to warm my feet!
15. Right now I am thinking about… vacation and Arizona!
16. Babies are… a way to make you see something in a new light.
17. I got on Facebook… so I could reconnect with people.
18. Today I… hoped and prayed for new opportunities!
19. Tomorrow I will be… hoping and praying for new opportunities!
20. I really want to be… healed and whole. Oh, and in Arizona.
Friday, May 1, 2009
on this day every year, the dutch celebrate queen's day, a national holiday in the netherlands. this year's celebrations turned tragic. as the dutch royal family was parading through a street in appledoorn, a man who was about to be evicted from his apartment wildly drove his car through gathered onlookers. he killed 5 people and injured around 13 in the process. he lost conciousness in the melee and hit a monument instead of his target...the royal family. the video below gives you a good idea of what happened. notice the man getting hit by the vehicle just as the video starts.